byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

10 December 2011

I'm fine

I am having fun building Tintin's rocket, pictures will follow when I am ready.
Just not feeling that 'pressure' of documenting this build is very effective and lets me get back on track. I like this build a lot. The rocket isn't really hard or anything but with what I did to it it has taken a little more time.
I already have some ideas for projects after this one, one even something completely un-spacey. But there are also plans for Skylab (as said before) and a new row of static and detailed launchers in 1/96th, old and new ones.
Besides that, I still wait for Rassvet to surface at AXM's site. Then I can finish my ISS model.
Well, enough for now, I estimate I have finished building the Tintin rocket tomorrow afternoon. I'll take some nice pictures of it then and show you what it looks like in 1/96th.

5 comments:

  1. I'm curious!!
    Send me photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey PK, you know there is a 'live size' model at Fort de Hel (Willemstad - NL).
    Here are some old photos i made http://tinyurl.com/6sxtfld

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoli, Pictures will come tomorrow. I'll post some here.
    And Toxteth, It's not exactly lifesize, innit? A bit out of proportion, too, if you ask me. But nevertheless a nice encounter, in the wild, there. The real thing would have been about 65 meters, I estimate. There were are?) a couple of launchable tintin rockets in the Netherlands, as far as I know. Someone I went to school with made two scale launchers of this rocket. A smaller one, and a big one. I believe he has quit the launching stuff nowadays. Here's some of his launch pics: http://www.navro.nl/nl/rocketry/nrocketsn17

    Okay, pics tomorrow and then hopefully off to a new project! (haven't decided yet..)
    Thanks for checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I my guesstimate is that it's about 5m (15ft).

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 meter still is a very reasonable size, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.